Pressing the scan button does not activate scanner in the program.
SUMMARYThis article contains information and useful links for troubleshooting issues with the scanner not functioning in the program.
If scanner is still not functioning: Try the scanner on a different computer if possible. The scanner itself may be broken. Please contact the hardware vendor for further assistance.
- Scanner may not be connected to the computer: Verify the scanner is properly connected to a USB port.
- Drivers may not be installed:
- To verify if the drivers have been installed:
- In Windows, press the Start button.
- Type Programs and Features and hit enter.
- In the Programs and Features window, look for “Symbol SNAPI USB Imaging Driver” or “Motorola CoreScanner Driver 64 bit”.
- If this is present, the driver is installed. If it is missing, the drivers need to be installed. Follow this link to open the installation instructions. http://sharepoint2010/sites/PEI/xlsupport/Knowledge Base/Installation/123096.doc.
- If drivers need to be installed:
ALTERNATIVEIf the customer has a non-supported scanner, documents can still be added to the document archive. Please refer to the following article:
Still can't find the answer?