How to print acknowledgement letters in the program
SUMMARYThis article demonstrates how to print acknowledgement letters in the program.
MORE INFORMATIONAcknowledgement letters provide information to the taxpayer concerning their return, including when the return was acknowledged, how much their refund will be, and an approximate time as to when these funds will be available. These letters also provide information concerning any payments due and where to send them. There is an acknowledgement letter for the federal return as well as for state returns.
Acknowledgement letters can be printed in three different ways. As returns are acknowledged, acknowledgement letters will appear on the Work In Progress screen under the Printing Queue section. There is a report that can be used to print acknowledgement letters by date range. Finally, an acknowledgement letter can be printed from within a return under the print menu.
Method 1: Acknowledgement letters on the Work In Progress SummaryNote: If the program is configured to discard ACK letters acknowledgement letters will not appear on the Work in Progress Summary and cannot be printed this way.
Note: Acknowledgement letters are deleted as they are printed. To reprint an acknowledgement letter use method 2 or method 3.
- Open the program and go to the Work In Progress Summary.
- Click on Federal Acknowledgement Letters or State Acknowledgement Letters. If there are no letters to print, you will not be able to click on the link.
- To print all acknowledgement letters click Print All on top toolbar.
- To print a specific acknowledgement letter double-click the client.
Method 2: Acknowledgement letter reports
- Open the program. If inside a tax return, close the tax return.
- On the top menu bar click Reports, Ack Letters, and then the desired letter type.
- To filter the results of the report enter a date range in the Starting ACK Date and Ending ACK Date fields.
- Click Quick View to display the results or Print to print the results.
Method 3: Printing an acknowledgement letter within a return
- Open the program and open the tax return.
- On the top menu bar click Print and then Acknowledge Letter or State ACK Letter.
How to reprint an acknowledgement letter
SUMMARYThis article demonstrates how to reprint an acknowledgement letter. MORE INFORMATION To reprint an acknowledgement letter, follow these steps: Open the applicable tax return. On the Print menu, click Acknowledgement Letter.
How to configure the program to print multiple copies of bank applications
SUMMARYThis article demonstrates how to configure the program to print multiple copies of bank applications. MORE INFORMATION To configure the program to print two copies of the bank application, follow these steps: Log in to the program as a user ...
Error Message: “Print Tax Return - Cannot be Transferred on Transmitting Computer” when printing in the program
SYMPTOMSWhen you try to printing the following error message appears: CAUSEThis error will occur if the program is configured as transmitting computer, but batch printing settings are configured to transfer printing jobs. RESOLUTION STEPS Open the ...
How to print a client telephone list
SUMMARYThis article demonstrates how to print the Client Telephone List. MORE INFORMATIONThe Client Telephone List contains a list of client’s names and phone numbers. To generate a Client Telephone List in the program, follow these steps: On the ...
How to print a blank form or worksheet
SUMMARYThis article demonstrates how to print a blank form or worksheet. MORE INFORMATION To print a blank form or worksheet, follow these steps: Log into the program as a user with Administrator privileges. From the top menu, select Utility->Print ...
Still can't find the answer?