How to check the status of an electronically filed return using "Where’s My Refund" on the IRS Web site
SUMMARYThis article demonstrates how to check the status of an electronically filed tax return on the IRS Web site.
MORE INFORMATIONUse Where’s My Refund? To check the electronic filing status of a tax return directly from the IRS Web site. Before you use Where’s My Refund?, be sure you have the following information:
- The primary taxpayer’s Social Security Number
- The taxpayer’s filing status
- The exact refund amount on the tax return
To use Where’s My Refund?, follow these steps:
The electronic filing and funding status of the return appears on your screen.
- Browse to the following IRS Web site:
- In the Social Security Number boxes, type the primary taxpayer’s Social Security Number.
- In the Filing Status list, click the taxpayer’s filing status.
- In the Refund Amount box, type the exact refund amount on the tax return and then click Submit.
Still can't find the answer?