Error Message: “The module “C:\xlink12\sendtext.dll” was loaded but the call to DllRegisterServer failed with error code 0x80004005” when activating TextLink
SYMPTOMSWhen activating TextLink on the Office Setup menu, the following error messages appear:
- The module “C:\xlink12\sendtext.dll” was loaded but the call to DllRegisterServer failed with error code 0x80004005.
- The module “C:\xlink12\MSCOMCTL.OCX” was loaded but the call to DllRegisterServer failed with error code 0x80004005.
MORE INFORMATIONThe program requires a Windows user with administrator privileges to activate TextLink. The current user may either not have administrative rights. Under Vista and later, UAC (User Account Control) may also be preventing the correct registration of TextLink.
Under Vista or later, run the program as an Administrator:
The program will now successfully register the TextLink files.
- Log in to Windows as a user with Administrator privileges.
- Right-click on the program icon.
- On the menu that opens, click " Run as administrator".
- Log in to the program as a program user with Administrator rights.
- On the top menu, select Setup->Office Setup.
- Click on the TextMsg tab.
- Click the Activate TextLink button.
Still can't find the answer?