Error Message: “State RT/ERC Requested – Bank Info Must Match Fed Values" when verifying a return
SYMPTOMSWhen verifying a tax return, the following error message appears:
- RT/ERC Requested – Bank Info Must Match Fed Values
CAUSEThe most common cause is attempting to do a state RAC when the federal return is balance due. In order to do a state RAC, a bank product must be used on the federal return as well. The error also occurs when the routing and account numbers on the state do not match the routing and account numbers on the federal return.
Method 1: No bank product on federal refund desired:
- On the state EF form, change the refund type from State RAC to Paper Check or Direct Deposit.
Method 2: A bank product is present for federal refund:
The error message will no longer appear.
- Open the return in question.
- On the top menu, click the Verify button.
- On the Return Errors and Rejects window, double-click the verify error message. The field with a mismatch will be highlighted.
- Press F5 to recalculate the field.
Still can't find the answer?